Saturday, June 25, 2005

I'm bored and I'm sad.

My aunt (who lives with us) is constantly making plans with me, and promising me things, and then blowing them off like it's nothing, and never apologizing. She's done this my whole life and you would think I'd learn, but no, because in my eyes she is still that "cool" aunt I looked up to as a child. Like, today, at first she said she would go with me to the Texas Tornado Family Fun Day (The Tornado are one of my fave hockey teams) and then last night she said "Oh I have too many things to do tomorrow!" and then today she slept in till ten, went to the tanning salon, did laundry all afternoon, and then went out clubbing with her friends. Right. Too busy for me. And she left her five-year old son here for me to watch and he follows me EVERYWHERE and NEVER shuts up! Blah! But whatever. He's actually, surprisingly, being pretty well-behaved today, so I shouldn't complain.

I met a lady the other day, and her name was Chiquita. No kidding. And yes, she does get made fun of alot and called the "Banana lady." I was going to tease her, but then I felt bad that she gets teased alot, so I declined. Ain't I nice?

On Friday I went with my family friends to their land they own next to the Red River. So far they've built a little cabin there...no plumbing...I abhor no plumbing....but that's ok. It's mostly wooded area; they have lots of fruits and vegetables growing there. I was given armfuls of squash to take home (haha) We spent the entire afternoon walking around in the river and hanging out. None of us girls would swim in the deep part because we were afraid of snakes, and apparantly, the currents can get pretty strong. I found a clam! I held it in my hand and it moved...it was a creepy feeling! It opened up it's shell and spread itself out and I touched it! Slimey! There is red clay along the banks and 8-year old Alexi and I scooped up as much as we could carry and put it in the back of her dad's truck. We plan to make pottery out of it :-) Did you know that the red clay makes the Red River red? Hehe. Her dad went fishing along with the other men, and when he was preparing the fish for dinner, a bone got jabbed into his hand, and they couldn't get it out because it was arrow-shaped. It was awful! Blood everywhere *shudder* I don't know how the dinner was, I don't eat fish. Then we went back to the cabin, watched "Pirates of the Caribbean" for the millionth time (Johnny Depp is awesome!) and then went home. The end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home