Monday, April 18, 2005

Faces at JC Penney's

My brother and I went with my mom to JC Penney's today. They are having a big sale - plus my mom had a coupon for an extra 20% sale price. Oh yeah. As you can see, I come from a long line of expert bargain shoppers. I try to do them proud! My brother needed to buy a suit and a belt, so he went to the men's department. My mom went to the women's department, and I looked at junior's (which I'm thinking I'm starting to out-grow) and shoes.
I was browsing and who walks by me? Coach of the local junior league hockey team, Tony Curtale. They are my fave team - they're awesome! The best in the league. I used to go to their games all the time (I've stopped recently in an attempt to budget my money). Really no point in this story, I just thought it was amusing. Especially seeing him in casual clothes, as I am used to a suit and tie. Hm. *shrugs*
Then, I go to check out and recognize the cashier instantly - my best friend Jane whom I lost touch with and haven't seen in 10 years!! It was like "Wow!" I think it was fate that I met her again, because it was completely by chance I went to that cash register. I am so happy to see her again, she was a great person. Of course we exchanged e-mails, and I can't wait to catch up on the past 10 years!
I've bought a whole bunch of clothes (and a new pair of sandals) and now I am satisfied - all set for summer :-) Oh except for a bathing suit - but I doubt I will find one, I am so picky about bathing suits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home